Based on the Oxford Dictionary of English Etymology, the principal authority on the origin and development of English words, The
Concise Oxford Dictionary of Etymology
contains a wealth of information about the English language and its history.
Find out where the words bungalow and assassin came from, what nice meant in the Middle Ages and much more.
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems, Inc.
SEARCH TOOLS - effortlessly find words thanks to a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Intelligent search integrates several tools to match or suggest what you are looking for:
• Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
• An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
• Share word definitions via installed apps on your device
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary.
• ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
• ‘Recent’ list to easily review looked-up words
• ‘Word of the day’ section to expand your vocabulary daily
• Home screen widget provides random words at a glance
***This is a fully functional 30-day trial version***
Get MORE by purchasing the full version of the Concise Oxford Dictionary of Etymology:
• Feature-complete license for unlimited time
• Offline mode - look up words without an internet connection
• Premium Support – our support team will help you
Oxford English Etymology is a free software application from the Reference Tools subcategory, part of the Education category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2016-08-11. The program can be installed on Android.
Oxford English Etymology (version 5.1.068) is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 1 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.
Here you can find the changelog of Oxford English Etymology since it was posted on our website on 2016-11-03.
The latest version is 5.1.068 and it was updated on soft112.com on 2018-03-22.
See below the changes in each version:
posted on 2016-08-11
Version 5.1.068,• Completely redesigned user interface and experience,• Ability to share word definitions,• ‘Word of the Day’ feature,• New camera search function,• Performance improvements